Thursday, January 16th, 2020
VACANCY – WORKSHOP DUTY MANAGER
Job Description: Reporting to: GM & MD To take supervisory responsibility for a dedicated area of workshop; working with the Team Leads to meet the daily work demands, to deliver products meeting the technical specifications and to identify training needs for the ongoing development of the team. The workshop’s roles are to carry out the inspection, maintenance and repair on a range of aircraft engines. The position is central to the workshops activities to enable jobs to be completed in line with customer requirements and industry standards. Ensuring that all company guidelines and rules are followed at all times; raising ideas for improvement. Supervising technicians in day to day people management. Creating and maintaining a flexible and skilled workforce. The role may require some ad-hoc travel.
- To plan the daily workflow throughout the workshops, discuss and plan with the General Manager resource needs and to monitor performance
- To assign each Lead Technician workloads and targets
- Identify training needs and resource requirements, including staffing levels during periods of absence
- To communicate repair issues, bottlenecks or proposals to the General Manager
- Control of consumables required in the workshops
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of repair reports and job packs
- Work in line with industry standards and regulations; referring to the approved data at all times.
- Work with and support office staff outside of the workshop environment
- To ensure the workshops follow lean processing principles
- To ensure health & safety is adhered to at all times in the dedicated area and that good housekeeping practices are followed.
- Perform appraisals
- Work with the Team Leads to highlight ideas for continual improvement and play an active part in team meetings and the wider workshop team.
- Provide updates on the progress of repairs to the Office staff when necessary or requested.
- Assist in the day to day people management of technicians, including assisting with managing performance, misconduct and other people management activities.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous experience in a hands on/manual engineering role
- Previous engineering experience or repair experience in an aerospace environment
- Ability to understand technical documentation such as AMM’s & ESM’s
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good standard IT skills
- Ability to analyse and identify faults and the best method for repair on a case by case basis
- Able to plan and monitor changing workloads
- Good verbal communication skills
- Well organised with the ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines.
- Diplomatic when faced with issues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work and liaise with people at all levels of the business
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role (in and out of the UK)
- Supporting day to day people management and providing supervisory level support to technicians
- Previous experience working in an engines MRO environment
- Experience of working in line with industry specific regulations including EASA Part 145, FAA, TCCA
- Previous experience with dealing with performance & absence management or misconduct issues desirable
- To have held company approval previously
- To have at least 2 years continuous Jet Engine in experience with 1 or more of the following engine types: CFM56, V2500, RB211, CF6
Closing date: Friday 31st January 2020
To apply, please send your C.V and covering letter to: email@example.com